Makin’ It With Maddy
While mentioning names and numbers (classes and scores), make sure you also mention the kind of person you are. Be sure to cover things such as:
- Life Experiences
These will help show what kind of person YOU are.
Don’t make the mistake of not having enough time.
- Know the Deadline
- Have ideas prepared
- Don’t rush the writing process.
Like you’re writing a novel.
- Talk about what things looked like (shoes, color, etc.)
- Feelings are important (how did you feel after you won the championship, etc.)
- Although detailed, try to stay away from big words you wouldn’t normally use.
It’s Not All About You:
- Make sure to give credit to your teachers, parents, and others that have helped you.
- Be aware of how many times you use “I”
Grammar and Punctuation:
- Proofread, more than once.
- Have someone else look over it.
- If you mention the school, make sure it’s the right one.