Sharing our favorite holiday recipes with you
By Logan Burgos, Zoe Cox, Kyra Klay, Connor Rakers
The holidays are not the same without everyone’s favorite recipes. Pumpkin pie is a very common dessert to make around the holidays, and this recipe is fairly easy and fun to make. If you follow all the instructions as they are listed you should not have any problems, I personally think this is one of the simplest, and tastiest holiday desserts.
The Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 (9 inches) Unbaked Pie Crust
- Whipped cream (optional)
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves into a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425oF oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350oF; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.