How to ensure your date will say yes
By Emily Johnson and Sam Johnson
As the Sadie’s dance is nearing, it is time to start thinking about asking a crush or close friend to Sadie’s. Asking someone to Sadie’s can be really scary, but it is worth it in the end. Sophomore Sydney Glynn says, “I think watching a girl ask a guy to Sadie’s is a super cute and memorable thing to watch because the girl is taking control which does not normally happen.” Sophomore Hannah Nelson asked a boy to Sadie’s last year and loved the outcome! She says “I was nervous at first, but I got a date and it all went well.” This article will hopefully give you some confidence to ask that special someone; here are some tips for asking a guy to Sadie’s:
- Use the guy’s interests/hobbies to come with a Sadie’s proposal that appeals to it. Most guys have a certain activity that allows for jokes and puns in the proposal.
- Do not panic, He will probably say yes.
- Be confident in yourself. It won’t be as fun or appealing if you are nervous.
- Ask someone you are comfortable around and makes you feel good. Make sure you will have a fun time with them.
- Make sure to keep it a surprise. If the boy knows that you’re asking him, all of the surprise and fun will be taken out of the proposal.
- Make a plan. Ask yourself when, where, what, how, who to make your plan run as smoothly as possible.
- Get friends to help you. If it’s a big project and you don’t have much time, help is a necessity.
- Have fun! Do not let it stress you out. Make it a fun process leading up to a great night. Remember, it’s a Sadie’s proposal, not a marriage proposal.